Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Front brake (disk) rotor change for camry 96 cost me 260$, was it overpriced?

Hi,



I just got front brake rotor changed for my toyota camry 96 and the service station charged me 260$ for that (labor =119 and part = 139). I wanted to know if that was overpriced? how much on an average a front brake (disk) rotor change would cost.



ThanksFront brake (disk) rotor change for camry 96 cost me 260$, was it overpriced?
The price is not out of reason if they had to change your rotors.



Typical costs for brakes: $30-$40. Rotors typically cost $50-$75/per rotor and I'm assuming you replaced both of them.



Labor charge for the brake job should be 1-1.5 hrs. Again $119 is not out of line.



So I'd say no I think that would be typically what you would expect to pay for a brake job requiring that the rotors be changed.Front brake (disk) rotor change for camry 96 cost me 260$, was it overpriced?
It sure seems high.Front brake (disk) rotor change for camry 96 cost me 260$, was it overpriced?
I would go on one of the auto parts stores websites like AutoZone.com, Advance Auto Parts, NAPA auto parts, PartsAmerica.com or any one of hundreds of websites selling %26quot;Toyota Auto Parts%26quot; (search Yahoo). Then fill in your car's year, make, model etc and check the cost of front brake rotors. Of course if the Toyota dealer did the brake job, the dealer parts cost will be higher by say 50%, but if you find they're charging 3 times as much compared to a name brand aftermarket rotor you price out, I'd take that price quote printout to the service manager and ask if they made a mistake on your parts charges. Also, you could go to any other Toyota dealer's parts counter and ask them how much it is for a brake rotor for your car.Front brake (disk) rotor change for camry 96 cost me 260$, was it overpriced?
that price seems about right, I would hope they replaced both rotors or resurfaced one side and replaced the other though. and put new pads on. I would have charge ya 127.50 in labor, 58.22 for pads and resuraced the rotors would be included, if you had to have a rotor, then I would I guess they would run about 80.00 bucks.