Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I turn off my traction control on my 88 IROC-Z 5.7 Liter 350?

One more question.



I am buying new brakes for my front end on my IROC. I am probably buying the friction performance brakes that are made of CM or carbon metallic. Do I need to change my front rotors as well or can I keep the ones I have now with the new brakes?How do I turn off my traction control on my 88 IROC-Z 5.7 Liter 350?
Your understanding of what is happening is very, very backwards. Spinning of tires is a direct loss of traction. Traction control is there to stop traction loss and keep the tires from spinning. An 88 Camaro has no form of traction control. What you may be talking about is a limited slip differential, which distributes available power evenly. Fixing your problem is a matter of upgrading parts, tire, or driver.



Always have the rotors resurface or replaced when replacing pads.How do I turn off my traction control on my 88 IROC-Z 5.7 Liter 350?
ummm.. Its a 1988 camaro.. It don't have traction control. So to to turn it on or off you will need to sell the car and buy one a few years newer lol



Your stock rotors will work with those pads, just be sure to turn rotors if any grooves are in them. Also be sure to clean rotors good with brake parts cleaner before putting your calipers back on.



I race a 1988 camaro as well. I use auto zone's duralast brake pads due to the life time replacement. I run through 1-2 pairs a year. Just pull em off and take them back to an auto zone sorry to get them replaced for free



Now as far as traction %26quot;control%26quot; goes.. Mine comes in the form of

jegster adjustable torque arm

Spohn adjustable LCAs

Spohn LCA brackets

Spohn adjustable panhard rod

KYB AGX adjustable rear shocks

Moog iroc rear springs

Air lift drag bags in rear springs

Worn out front struts

Stock v-6 front springs

Nitto 555R 275/60-15 drag radials on rear

Detroit locker in rear (ford 9%26quot;)

Spohn SFC

S%26amp;W 10 point roll cage



That gets me 1.60's 60' times pulling the front wheels about 4%26quot; off the track



My 0-60 mph times are avg of 3.2 seconds but have pulled a few 2.9's
  • Twister DOUBLE duvet set
  • drawing a circle
  •